Monday, April 21, 2014

DIY Scripture Bunting

Hello again friends!  I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend!  For me, Easter kicks off a season of renewal, both spiritually and physically.  It’s a time to clean out the cobwebs from both our hearts and our homes!

So as promised in my last blog post on my craft nook makeover, I will share with you today how simple it is to make a Scripture Pennant Bunting for your home.

What exactly IS a scripture bunting, you ask?   It’s simply a pennant style bunting that holds references to your favorite scriptures!  Glancing at these scriptures while working your tail off is a great way to keep Jesus in your home and keep things in perspective.  We hope.

First, simply decide what your favorite scriptures are.  Mine are as follows: 

Exodus 14:14  - The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.

Psalm 23:1 - The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.

Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.


Proverbs 31:27 - She looks well to the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Second, get in front of your computer, open a word document and type up the abbreviations for your scripture reference so that they will properly fit on your pennant. 
  

Third, print out your abbreviations on white paper and cut them out in circle shapes either with scrapbooking scissors or you can use the “print and cut” feature on your die cut machine.  You can also cut out circles slightly larger than your white "dots" to add as a background so that they will pop with contrast!


Fourth, measure and cut into large triangles the background paper you wish to use for your pennant bunting.    Any color will do.  I chose yellow to match my sunny décor.

Fifth, using an acid-free glue stick, glue the white scripture references and background circles to the triangular paper.


Sixth, attach your pennants to any type of flexible string – I used a jute twine.  You can either punch holes in each corner of the pennant triangle, or simply tape the triangle to the jute twine on the backside.  


That’s it!  You’re done.  One more step to making your crafty work area more personable and uplifting!  Check out more ideas on one of my previous posts on my favorite craftrooms.


What are some tips that you’ve used to make your craft space work for you?


 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...